Now located at 1031 North Central Avenue, Knoxville TN, Holy Resurrection Byzantine Catholic Mission was established in 1999 through the efforts of the Archeparchy of Pittsburgh and the personal commitment of Fr. Thomas P. O'Connell, a priest of the Diocese of Knoxville, who has received faculties in the Byzantine Ruthenian Rite. Several families from the East Tennessee area were instrumental in the development of the "Mission Parish" and remain faithful and dedicated to the growth of the community. Fr. Deacon Ronald J. Volek ,ordained in 1977 in the Cleveland Diocese, has also been serving the mission since receiving faculties from Metropolitan Archbishop Basil (of eternal memory) in 2005.